Saturday, March 10, 2007

Transition

Well, we are in the process of transitioning Mason from his bassinet to his crib. I have kept him in a bassinet in our room since his room is downstairs and ours is upstairs. Since he is still waking at night I did not want to keep making the trek up and down stairs in the middle of the night. But, now it is time for Mason to be in his room. I think he may be waking since he knows I am right there. He is also waking up to the alarm clock now. I have started putting him in his crib for all naps now. In the next couple of days I will move him completely to his room. I am sure he will protest at first! Mason has started babbling... ma and ba. This makes listening to him cry harder since he has been crying and saying ma ma ma at the same time. It sounds like momma although I know it isn't!

On another note, an update on our furry child Sydney. She has had a problem with her toe for several weeks now. I took her to the vet and they put her on antibiotics but the vet cautioned that this could be a serious matter. He said to watch the toe closely since it could be a tumor which is most often cancerous. Well, the toe has not healed and she was back at the vet yesterday. They did her teeth cleaning :) and took xrays of her paw. There were no fractures which was another possibility. Since the vet did not see a clearly defined mass, we are trying two weeks of antifungal medication. If Sydney's toe does not improve after that, she will have a biopsy or possibly a toe amputation. Let's hope for the best! This picture of her was taken a few weeks ago when she experienced it snowing for the first time!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was wondering when we would see a furry friend !!!

jules

Heather said...

Good luck with finding someone...we'll have to do the same thing when school starts in August. I hope the furry one is better soon!

~Heather