Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Mason and Grandpa Mowrey


My dad came for a visit on Sunday. It was a gorgeous spring day and we spent some time outside showing my dad around our place. This was his first visit here. It was great that Mason was able to spend some time with Grandpa and we all wish he could have stayed longer.
We have been blessed with some warm spring days lately. It has been so nice to get outside and soak up a little sun. The flowers and trees are starting to bloom. There are so many daffodils in bloom! I don't think I have ever seen so many before. The dogwood trees are starting to bloom and the next few weeks will be just beautiful. I will have to take some pictures.
We are leaving Friday for vacation. We are headed to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina for a week with Rick, Cathy and the boys. The rest of this week I will be busy packing and trying to get organized.
Mason has become an active little boy this week. I have had to raise the railing on his crib since he can pull up now. He has also been rolling over on his belly in his crib and "crawling" around in there instead of sleeping! Tonight, he finally fell asleep on his belly. He loves to stand holding onto things and is practicing picking up his feet as if he were walking.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Renae,
What a pleasure it is to read your blog. I haven't looked at it for a while so had lots of catching up to do. I love the picture of Mason looking at himself in the mirror. There must be a baby contest somewhere to enter that! Hopefully Rob is going to be a little more cautious on stairs from now on; it is fortunate neither baby or dad was hurt badly. It is great that Grandpa Mowrey got to visit. I am sure he enjoyed his visit as much as you enjoyed having him there! Family is such a blessing; there isn't anything on this earth as special as sharing their love. Uncle Jim and I spent a little time with Val and the kids at your mom's house last Sunday. Jim proceeded to get the girls all wound up (as only he can do)! We enjoyed the short visit. Take care and have a wonderful time on your vacation.

carin said...

HEY RENAE,I LOVE THIS PICTURE AND ALL THE REST TOO.THANK GOD THE BOYS ARE OK AFTER THE WHOLE STAIR SCARE.YOUR VACATION SOUNDS LIKE A BLAST.THE PICTURES WILL BE FUN TO SEE ON YOUR BLOG.