Friday, January 18, 2008

Snow Day!

Not sure what to think about that cold white stuff!
Notice that this is actually Rick and Cathy's road- that is how much snow we were driving on!
Belly last week at 21 weeks

Yesterday was an adventure! It started snowing about 7:30 am. Mason had an 8:45 am doctor’s appointment. Since I have never driven in snow before, I was a little anxious as I kept seeing that white stuff pile up! We left for the appointment early which was a smart idea since the roads were already in bad condition. Our road was completely white and it looked as if no one had traveled on it for awhile. We made it to the stop sign which is two miles from our house and I figured the main roads would be in better condition. However, I realized that stop signs are a bad thing! It is very slippery to get going again. We finally made it to the appointment going about 25-30 mph on the main road. I felt as if I had to pry my hands off the steering wheel as I was gripping so tight!
Mason’s ears checked out good and he has gained 1 pound 5 ounces in the last three weeks! This good news made me feel better about our drive. We are still waiting for the results of the anemia test. However, Mason seems to be in very good health now!
So, now we must venture back on the road. I decided to head towards Rick and Cathy’s house as they are closer to where I was and closer to my doctor’s office for which I had an ultrasound appointment. It is still snowing hard and I get a call from Rob saying he is staying in Charlottesville for awhile because the roads are so bad. Mason and I take it really slow towards Rick’s house. We get almost there and I start up this little hill. The hill is so slick that my car won’t go up and it starts sliding. I call Rick and he came to our rescue with his four wheel drive truck. We ended up leaving my car in a nearby parking lot since he couldn’t get my car up the hill either.
Unfortunately, the weather was just too bad for my doctor’s office to stay open. My ultrasound was rescheduled for January 25th which of course is a major disappointment. After several hours, Rob finally made it to Rick and Cathy’s too. He has his own stories of slipping and sliding all over the road! Fortunately, we are all safe and I guess I am an experienced snow driver now!

1 comment:

Heather said...

We had snow in the Bay Area this weekend too! Not quite like you had, of course, but it was snow :-)
Bummer about your ultrasound....will you find out the sex? Any news on if you have GD again? I love the belly picks....reminds me that I'm not ready for #2 yet :-D
~Heather :-)