Friday, November 7, 2008

Loving Coupons!

In the last few months I have developed a new hobby. When the prices went up at the grocery store and gas station, I started clipping coupons. I have always been a coupon user but now I take it very seriously. I have saved us a lot of money and I get so excited when I find a bargain! I have to credit my friend Dana for getting me so motivated to save money. Dana has a blog that she updates regularly with the best deals at several stores www.frugalinvirginia.com . Up until yesterday, I had only doing my big bargain shopping at CVS drugstore. I branched out this week as two grocery stores in Charlottesville had some great deals! Harris Teeter is honoring triple coupons up to .99 cents… awesome! Kroger has a great discount given on select items when you buy ten. I was so excited yesterday about my savings that I actually took a picture of the products from each store!
Harris Teeter: paid $41.58, saved $71.63
Kroger: paid $34.98, saved $67.77
So, we are stocked on groceries for awhile! I just wanted to share my great savings with you all to motivate you as well!

2 comments:

Frugal in Virginia said...

Great job, Renae! Thanks for sharing the pictures. It is fun, isn't it?

I love the Halloween pictures of the boys too! So cute. The scarecrow costumes were great.

Debbie said...

I wish I had a store that tripled coupons. The closest I get is doubling up to 50cents. Not quite the same! That is an impressive haul you have.