Monday, February 4, 2008

Ouch!



This morning I became a nervous mom as I received a call from Julie while I was at work. Mason fell and hit his head on a bookshelf. Julie was unsure if he needed stiches or not. So, I paced my office as Julie brought Mason to me so I could assess the situation. His eye was swollen and there was about a 1 inch cut. The bleeding had stopped but we were still unsure about the stiches. To be on the safe side, we headed to the doctor's office. The nurse practitioner felt that stiches were unnecessary and we were instructed to apply ice, antibiotic oitnment and to give him tylenol. What a relief! The swelling had already gone down by the time I picked him up at the end of the day. He took a 2.5 hour nap today indicating that this ordeal wore him out. It wore me out too... I think every mom's worst fear is to get a phone call at work reporting your child is hurt. I am sure we will have many more incidents to come though!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Poor baby boy! Glad he's all better now.